financial aid overview 2018-2019
- Christ Church Episcopal Preschool is pleased to be able to offer limited financial aid to families with demonstrated need. We encourage you to apply for aid using the process described below. Please see Jo Harney, Head of School, with any questions you may have.
- Need is determined by an independent organization, the School and Student Service for Financial Aid. A formula is applied to your individual data and your “Estimated Family Contribution” will be determined.
- If your Estimated Family Contribution is less than the cost of the program in which you are enrolling your child, you qualify for financial aid.
- Our maximum award is 50% of the cost of the program in which you are enrolling your child.
- Our financial aid budget is set annually by the Board of Trustees. In some years, we are able to award the maximum grants to families according to their need, while in other years, when the demand is greater, we may not be able to fully fund each family’s demonstrated need.
- A new financial aid application must be completed each year. An award granted in one year does not guarantee that an award will be made in subsequent years. Qualification must be determined each year.
- To complete the financial aid application, please go to www.sssbynais.org/parents. There is a fee of $48 for applying, but a waiver may be granted for families whose income falls below the federal poverty guidelines. Fee waivers should be requested from the school. Our school ID is 158916.
- Applications may be submitted at any time, but our aid budget may well be exhausted later in the spring.
- You may use 2016 income figures from your 2016 tax return to complete this application. A copy of your 2017 IRS Form 1040 with all related schedules is required to be uploaded to SSS by April 30, 2018. If submitting by mail, please ask the CCEP office for instructions.